paradise

Monday, October 12, 2015

New York The Met April 2015




Our day for the Met was the most beautiful spring day.  We slowly walked across central park to get to the met, taking in the beautiful sunshine and blue sky.  The MET was gorgeous.  The art exquisite. We patiently walked through hall after hall taking in all that history.  I was able to find some of my favorite pieces and some new favorites.  I realized some famous artist I didn't really care for but could still appreciate.    Sometimes I felt like we saw so much I couldn't possibly remember everything, but I did get to be a part of it and there are those moments that I will never forget.  During exploring the MET we needed some lunch,  what better place to eat then the cafe nestled inside the MET itself.  This refreshing cafe balanced itself between the stature garden and the floor to ceiling windows overlooking Central Park. I was at peace here eating my yummy although expensive sandwich as I was surrounded by both the beauty of the park and the beauty of the art.  We opted to not see absolutely everything in the MET but to spend sometime outdoors in the park.  It was such a lovely day after all.  As we were resting on a bench watching a baseball game, little kids riding their scooters,m and families walking their dogs it really humanized New York for me.  
New York is an amazing city overflowing with culture, food, people, and buildings.  Amongst all of this I found myself missing space.  Wide open spaces and real dirt.  Not filth but earth.  We were able to find a piece of that in Central Park.      





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive