paradise

Friday, January 8, 2016

Sailing Aug 2015

For Fathers Day this year I got Scott sailing lessons.  He has always wanted to learn to sail.  This was just the introductory class mind you but it was a start.  We scheduled it for early evening and the weather was so pleasant.  It was actually a little too pleasant because there was hardly any wind.  We go going okay but it was oh so slow going.  It gave us time to admire being out on the water.  I do love being out on the water.  I find peace on the water.  Once we were all familiar with the parts and terminology of the boat and sailing we finally started to get some wind.  Boy was that exciting when the wind picked up and we just took off. For a small part of that excitment I got to be incharge of giving orders and holding the rudder in place.  We were so angled that I had to press my legs against the other side of the boat to keep from topeling out of the boat.  What a rush.  The instructor kept telling us not to worry the boat wont tip over.  
It was such a super fun day I think we could get used to this.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive