paradise

Sunday, April 17, 2011

William was really gun ho when he came home from school about selling the most chocolates for a fundraiser they were having. While I applaud his enthusiasm I really hate fundraisers. They turn our children into nagging money obsessed fiends. Don't deny it, we all think it. I'm all for helping out the school but I think I would rather give the school straight up cash than have to peddle this junk they pass around. I was upstairs folding clothes when I heard the boys in the front yard. That is a no unless I am with them so i went to investigate. William the entrepreneur that he is decided to set up a "stand" to promote this new product. He had put out the little card table on the sidewalk holding this sign in the air so passersby would help his cause. It says Buy Chocolate Please. My heart was softened. It was such an Aha moment. This sweet kid was doing his best to help out his school but no one was paying attention. Whenever a car drove by he would hold up his sign. Only for them to honk or wave back. Who wouldn't buy chocolate from a kid with a sign like this? He was so dejected. I had to help him understand that people couldn't read his sign because it was so small and it was the middle of the day. No one is home during the middle of the day. maybe he could try later. Determined he said he would stay out a little longer he was so sure business was going to pick up. It didn't. So Chocolates anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive