paradise

Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference




Its that time again. A Time I look forward to but worry about getting my children to appreciate it even a little. Yes, General Conference time. Twice a year the leaders of our church counsel us with revelation and words of wisdom. Each person that is assigned to speak prays about what their topic should be. Without conversing with one another about their topics there always seems to be a theme for each conference. Just another testimony to me that God is guiding our leaders to help us be the best people we can be. This one seemed to me to be about family. that we need to protect it, nourish it, guide it, raise it in the Gospel, and keep it together.

I got up early to make cinnamon rolls (a tradition I have) While I was busying myself in the kitchen I was listening to uplifting music. It was a wonderful peaceful morning for me. I love to bake working the dough with my hands in a steady calming rhythm. The smell of flour, the heat of the oven, it really is relaxing to me. This was the perfect way for me to prepare for conference.

As for the kids, we try to have them listen by doing bingo and listen for the "special word". My kids are motivated by money so each time they get a bingo they get a dime, and each time they hear a designated word they get a penny. The words for this conference were faith and temple. In one talk alone Ellie earned 50 cents. For the little boys I had coloring pages and cut outs. The kids are not good for the whole time but I feel like I'm trying and it gets better each conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive