paradise

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Harry Potter






A Harry Potter obsession has taken over my house. Ever since we went to Harry Potter world in Orlando Florida my kids just can't get enough. Dad made the mistake of promising them I would make Hogwarts robes for them. So here was my attempt. They turned out okay. I didn't really have a pattern so I made it up as I went. The kids really wanted the robes to have wand pockets. Super easy to do. I was surprised the $100 ones at the park didn't have them. I did spend a little more money and bought suiting material so they would always look nice (no wrinkles). Unfortunately the fabric store didn't have enough, only pieces of the fabric so I had to piece the robes together but the kids don't mind.
Now everyday I am transported to Hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry, constantly dodging spells, and challenged to games of wizard chess. What did I get myself into? At least they are having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive