paradise

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

eggs







We decided to color eggs a little early this year. We needed something to do and this was one of my favorite things to do growing up. My mom, always a big fan of the arts, would boil dozens and dozens of eggs. Even so there never seemed to be enough to go around, we always wanted more. Maybe because we love deviled eggs, or the fact that we love art as much as she does, either way 6 dozen eggs was never enough.

This year I boiled 18 thinking there was no way we could eat that many before they went bad. But once again there weren't enough eggs to go around. It may be due to the fact that Scott ate 2 and Peter dropped 3, or the fact that William just dropped them in the color as fast as he could, we just needed more.

By the time I finished my first there were no more eggs left.

I tried to encourage them to really take time and thought into decorating their eggs, make them detailed. Ellie is the only one that listened. I brought out some paint brushes and she painted a palm tree on her egg. Pretty good for water colors on an egg.

Brennen was very possessive of his eggs. He wanted to carry them all over. He wrapped them in a towel so they wouldn't get cold, he colored them, he shined them, he wouldn't let anyone touch them. He didn't even let me put them in the fridge after. Needless to say I think he enjoyed the egg experience.

It all went so fast, I think I should have another egg decorating day a little closer to Easter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive