paradise

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Splash and Dash










We had our annual splash and dash egg hunt on Saturday. Once again I am sure this is the way to do an egg hunt in southern California. The sun was out and the water was heated to a balming 85 degrees. This year my kids didn't want anything to do with the Easter Bunny. They would look at him from afar, but would really rather leave some space between them. Can you blame them? We expect them to cuddle up to this life size fuzzy animal that walks upright like a human but doesn't talk. I think I would want to keep my distance as well. Scott decided to come this year and I was quite grateful for that it meant one more helper to make sure a little one didn't drown. They all had a blast. I love it because its swimming and because everyone gets eggs. Its not like the one at the park where its a mad dash to get one or two eggs.




Everyone at the egg hunt is easy going, there is music playing and its just plain fun. After all the eggs are collected from the pool the kids turn them in for a goodie bag. the goodie bag usually has a squirt gun or splash ball a color book and other little toys. NO CANDY. I love that there is no candy.
they do offer cookies and water for a snack. I just can't say enough good things about the splash and dash egg hunt.













































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive