paradise

Friday, July 20, 2012

waterfalls





We hiked the upper and lower falls to see the amazing waterfalls and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.  This was a pretty hike but I'll admit I was a little nervous.  One side is quiet steep.  As long as you stayed on the narrow path it was fine, but 2 of our more adventurous hikers kept straying and jumping off logs trying to do tricks off rocks.  I was so worried they would miss and tumble down the steep ravine. They were so fast that I couldn't keep an eye on them because Peter insisted on walking the whole way even though he is the slowest person on the planet.  They would run ahead until I couldn't see them then I would shout for them to wait.  All was fine they didn't fall off the cliff but it didn't keep my mother radar from being on high alert.
The water falls were beautiful and the temperature was perfect.  This is the place where we saw the baby eagle in the nest.  As we basked in the glory of the torrent of water I was again reminded of the song "For the Beauty of the Earth."  It truly is beautiful.  On the way back the speeders headed off toward the RV with the older on promising the first one back to the RV $1.  Paul determined to win that $1 went faster than his legs could go.  He kept slipping and tripping over everything and nothing.  Finally I had to tell Paul that he was no longer allowed to run.  I wasn't sure I had enough bandaids.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive