paradise

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lehi Rodeo 2012

We had our first experience with the Lehi Rodeo.  It was most of my family and Scott's sister Tracie.  as we pulled up to the rodeo grounds the nostalgic smell of horses and cows transported me back to Sundays with my dad where we would go horseback riding just me and him traveling all over the mountain that was our backyard.  I loved those times with my dad,  sometimes we talked sometimes just rode in a comfortable silence, but strengthening that father daughter bond every time.  We basically had a standing date every weekend until I went out one day and learned I had developed and allergy to these majestic animals.  I'm not gonna lie I was a little crushed but I still rode, just with long pants, long sleeves, gloves, and taking a benadryl just before the ride.
I have been to quite a few rodeos in my day but Scott has only been a small handful of times and I was excited to go again.  This one didn't disappoint.  The clown was hilarious the riders were brave and adrenaline was in the air. Some cowboys did amazing others did not have lady luck on their side
They had a chuckwagon race (a race with a wagon pulled by 4-6 horses)  As they made the 2nd to last turn one wagon lost its back wheels and axle but he kept going just dragging his wagon and he won!!  That was incredible.  In any case there was excitement in the air that was palpable.  I loved every minute of it.  For the  finale these motocross dudes did some HIGH flying stunts, I was sure they were going to run out of space but they pulled it all off without a hitch. 
I am definately doing this again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive