paradise

Thursday, July 19, 2012

RV




Well we did it .  Something on our joint bucket list was to go to Yellowstone.  We initially invited my parents to come along and be our guides but a trip like this was not conducive to my Dad's current health conditions. There was just no way he could get his bum leg to navigate all those hiking trails.  So we just jumped in feet first.  We invited 2 of our nephews Shane and Paul.  I was a little weary about the extra crew but everything turned out fine.
Scott decided to take my parents RV on this little journey of ours because it would save in lodging, and food because we could cook all our meals in it.  That, and it would be a great experience.
Now I am not gonna lie.  When Scott said we were taking the motor home, scenes from the movie "RV" flashed before my eyes.  I was a little hesitant because we really didn't know that much about them.  

We got the 5 minute lesson from my dad and found it was a lot easier than we expected. 
We didn't have any problem driving, or parking, or backing up, not even any poop dump explosions. Although my nephew Shane had the honor of dumping the tank (he really was excited about it). We only had 1 injury (William got a goose egg on the back of his head when we had to make a sudden stop for a bison).
On the way home we did have a blow out of 1 of the rear tires.  We heard this really loud pop sound then a thud, thud, thud, thud, thud. . . .  Luckily we were right next to an exit in Pocatello Idaho.  The bad news was it was that the spare was bad also, AND it was Saturday after 6 and all the tire stores were closed except for Walmart and they didn't carry that tire. We called AAA to come fix it but they were taking too long so we took it upon ourselves.  
This super nice guy stopped to help us.  He was amazing.  He did everything for us then let us know that our spare was only going to get us about 50 miles then blow out. He called all the tire places for us to talk tires and shop to make sure we would get the right one. That's when we found out the bad news so he said "wait I think I have a tire this size at my house I'll be right back."  He drove off and came back with a tire ready to give it to us for free.  So sweet.  Unfortunately it was a smidge too small.  So he called around and found a tire guy willing to open his shop and do the tire. (We had to pay him to open his shop).  All this help on a Saturday and I didn't even get his name or info.  If your out there Thanks again!!!
So $300 later we were on our way home again. With a quick stop at my nephews grandparents house to sleep over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive