paradise

Friday, March 6, 2015

Wrestling Oct 2014

I signed the little boys up for wresting.  I figured they do it all day why not learn how to do it properly.  Peter was one of the smallest kids in over 30 kids.  
I learned that Peter is excellent at getting out of being pinned but terrible at pinning.  It matches him always trying to avoid things.  Once I told him to pretend his opponent was his brother he did well but he couldn't remember to keep that in mind.
Brennen on the other hand excelled at wrestling.  Because he is pretty solid he wrestled 4th graders but he has a knack for it.  He took second place in his first tournament against a kid a foot taller and 2 years older than him.  I posted that he won on his first tournament but my sister reminded me that he has been preparing for this his entire life.
For his second tournament he had just gotten over being sick and was not  his full self.  Regardless he did pretty well but I knew he was still not 100%  more like 60%.  He didn't place in that one and all the dad's were wondering why because they knew he was a good competitor.  they had a good experience but I don't think I am ready for them to make this their sport.   







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive