paradise

Friday, March 6, 2015

General Conference ideas Oct 2014

For conference this time I got rid of the pennies for words.  My kids are getting to the point where a few pennies doesn't mean much anymore.  I had to either increase the coin amounts or try something new.  The cheapskate in me won over and I tried something new.  I put out 3 bowls of candy each with a different word.  If they heard the word they could have 1 piece of that candy.  They could either save it or eat it right then.  This actually worked for them.  We also had the traditional BINGO.  Ellie created her own ahead of time but I printed some off for the boys.  The other new thing we did was salt dough temples.  I made batches of salt dough for each kid and had them mold and create a temple of their choice.  The older 2 loved this idea.  The younger 2 opted to make their buildings out of Lego's which then turned into making ships and robots but at least they were mostly quiet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive