paradise

Friday, March 6, 2015

appliance repair Oct 2014

My oh my this is the year for appliance repair.  This washing machine that is only a year old started to break down on me.  I've repaired it again and again but this last time this part totally broke off.  They have since discontinued the machine and do not sell the part because it had so many problems.  Arg talk about frustrating the machine is only a year old!  After calls to where I bought it and the manufacturer I was getting no where.  I finally decided it was just time to wash my hands of this machine and get a new one.  I just hate when something like this happens and I have to spend a couple of hundred extra dollars on something that should have lasted years. I took no chances with my next washer I researched the crap out of that thing.
After getting anew washer I was praying that my dryer would hold up.  After a few weeks of using my new washer the dryer decided to quit on me.  I was tempted to call in a professional when Scott said "can't you do it?"  I don't know if he was telling me that because I know I can't turn down a challenge or because he didn't want to spend any money on another appliance.
  Luckily it was just the belt and I You Tubed how to fix it once I ordered the part online.  I am happy to say It works wonderfully!
Next was the dishwasher.  I guess bad things always do happen in 3's.  Our dishwasher started letting off a bad electrical smell.  I took it apart and tried to find out what was wrong but I think I just died.  It was original to the house.  Thankfully my sister had a dishwasher she was pulling out of an investment house they just bought to put in a stainless steal one.  She said if I can get it out I could have it.  I know we live in a rental and they should have handled it but I am somewhat of an opportunist.  The whole process was fairly simple and I got to knock some money off our rent for that month by doing it myself.
I am glad that I can fix all these things but I sure am getting tired of having to fix things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive