paradise

Friday, March 6, 2015

Halloween 2014

Halloween this year felt like a California Halloween.  the weather was so warm.  We did the obligatory school parade.  Brennen and Peter decided they HAD to be a skeleton pirate and a skeleton cowboy because their older brother was a skeleton. They even let me paint their faces.  They never let me do that. There were about a million Elsa's and Anna's from Frozen, and a large handful of those stupid morph suits.  talk about the most lame Halloween costume ever.  Not to mention embarrassing because you can see everything in those suits, gross.
I volunteered to help out Brennen's class for their Halloween party.  I was incharge of making and running a game.  I decided to do the old "throw the sticky eyeball on the monster".  I bought enough sticky eyes to  give one to each kid in the class. They got to keep the eyeball and if they won they got a candy.  Then I drew a cute troll about 4' tall.  The one to get it closest to the eye socket won.
Our neighborhood is not a good neighborhood for trick-or-treating so we headed up to my sister Stephanies new neighborhood.  It made it seem even more like our old California neighborhood.  Not quite as great but pretty fun and the kids scored and some good candy.   Of course the little boys had to change costumes because that's just what they do.  I have learned to live with it. which is why I don't spend any kind of real money on their costumes.  
Matt decided to light is super awesome pumpkin on fire and the kids were acting like Lord of the Fly's dancing around it and chanting/singing/yelling.  
 Overall it was a really nice Halloween.  This year saved my faith in Halloween.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive