paradise

Friday, August 3, 2012

Yuba lake

We went to Yuba lake for pioneer day this year.  I really wanted to go to the lake so I let everyone know I was going on the 24th whether people were coming or not.  I just really wanted to go. So I got everything ready and lo and behold almost everyone came.  Yuba is only about an hour away and it is warm with nice sandy beaches.  We drove right on the beach to secure a spot for our big group.  We found the perfect spot.  Then we went to launch the wave runners.. I was heading down to road that leads to the launch ramp when I heard a strange metallic noise.  I quickly came to a stop with fresh visions of our Yellowstone disaster to check things out.  All the lug nuts on our trailer had come off of one wheel and the wheel was just sitting on the axle.  I found one lug  nut and my brother-in-law Matt found another one.  We got out the jack to put the tire back on.  Only one problem we only had 2 out of our 5 lug nuts. So we took one off the other tire.  I was so glad we said prayers before we left.  That could have been a huge disaster if we were one the freeway and that happened.  It could have rolled the trailer and ruined the machines. I counted my blessings. Once we got all the machines launched it was time to have some fun.
It was perfect weather maybe a little windy but welcome to Yuba its always a little windy.  It really reminded me of going to the beach.  It had the nice sand and plenty of water and with the wind there were even waves like the ocean.  My brother Scottie brought his new boat so we could do wake boarding and tube wars.  Nothing like a good tube war if you don't mind sore muscles and bruises the next day.  I personally have no problem with sore muscles and bruises.  I jumped on to have a battle with my nephew Shane.  Lets just say I am not as young as I used to be, but I did have fun. For those of you who don't know what a tube war is.  basically you try everything you can to get the other person off their tube.  Whether it is pulling on their tube. knocking into them or even jumping on their tube and pulling them off. Gotta love it.
This time I decided to see how fast the yellow waver runner goes.  The problem is that the speedometer doesn't work so I just went as fast as it would go to get that thrill of  speeding across the water with the wind and the spray in my face.  It was exhilarating until I tried to make a sharp turn at an incredible speed and threw myself off tipping the wave runner upside down.  After I got over my shock I was smiling from ear to ear.  I think in another life I would love to race these things semiprofessionally.  My mom even hopped on the purple one to see how fast she dared go.
We buried people in the sand and had a made up game of Swedish baseball with a shovel and a tennis ball.  You have to hit the ball then run into the water to touch the tube for your first base.  When the next good hit comes you have to make it back to home plate before being tagged with the ball.  The challenging part other than trying to hit a tennis ball in the wind with a shovel was that the base kept moving.  Still so much fun.  I love how we can have fun with anything especially if there is water involved.







 We played until 5ish when a storm was threatening to  rain us out.  It ended up blowing over but by the time we got everything packed up and pulled out we were tired and ready to head back home.  What a good day.  Now that I realize how close this lake is and how much fun we had I just might come with only my kids like we used to go to the beach.  Maybe this is my new beach.
Swedish baseball




me losing a tube war




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive