paradise

Sunday, August 26, 2012

not quite

Kids have a funny way of saying phrases they hear.  It seems to me they never quite get it right.  It's no secret my boys love Transformers.  So we hear the theme song often however in Peter's version it goes like this. . . "Transformers, eats the eyesss,   Autobots suck your guts."  I didn't realize they were so cannibalistic.  For those who don't know the real words are "Transformers, robots in disguise,  Autobots, Decepticons. . ."
Then today I heard Brennen singing a ninja song that I'm pretty sure is not quite right.  He was singing "I'm a ninja, I'm a nananananananananananinja, I'm a ninja, I'm a harry ninja."  The real words are, "I'm a ninja, I'm a na-ninja, I'm a holy ninja."
Then at the dinner table we had Peter sing us some songs he learned in nursery.  He started off okay with "I'm so glad when daddy comes home."  Then it got a little interesting.. "I slap his knee and climb his face and give him a great big kiss."  (actually that is probably pretty accurate for him)  Then he did another mash up of all the songs he knows.  It went something like this. . "The eensy weensy spider climbed up the apricot tree, down came the rain and the wise man built his house."  We couldn't contain our laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive