paradise

Monday, June 25, 2012

Tuacahn

To finish off our vacation the girls went to Tuacahn. Tuacahn is an outdoor theater nestled in between towering red rocks.  The whole thing is enough to take your breath away. The Monday group went to see Aladdin.  I felt really bad about not taking Ellie to see the Little Mermaid when I went last year that I let her go see Aladdin this year.  I didn't have enough to go with her so she went with my parents and some of my sisters.  Being the drama geek that she is loved the whole thing.  A small part of me wished I splurged the extra dough to see  her reaction throughout the play but the responsible side of me let it go.  I went with the Tuesday group to go see Hairspray. Of course we snuck in some shopping and dinner as well.  The show was fabulous.  I love those cheesy singing and dancing numbers.  The set design was nice too. I was impressed that they had 3 full size cars drive onstage for the 3 seconds they were on there but its the details that make it great right?


  
The Aladdin crowd said it was uncomfortably hot watching the show but I thought it wasn't too bad for Hairspray. The special effects were not as good as the Little Mermaid but then there wasn't that many special effects.  The singing and dancing however was divine.  Can I just say those black boys can dance. I wanted to get up and dance with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive