paradise

Monday, June 25, 2012

St. George splash pad

Peter's mute friend


         










To break up the monotony of the pool we took one day and found the local watering hole.  A nice little town square with a natural elements splash pad feel.  There happen to be this geeky band there singing kids songs and making crafts.  The highlight of their very short concert was the chicken dance.  Some of the kids had and absolute blast (Brennen and Liz) where other would have been much happier elsewhere (Jenni) I had fun watching my kids splash and play.  Peter kept talking to this bronze statue of a boy holding a hose.  He was getting so frustrated with the bronze boy for not talking back to him. I'm not sure if he just has a very vivid imagination or he really thought he was going to get and answer out a statue. Either way it was a funny scene to watch.
This park was really neat.  It had a stage area for outdoor concerts and things, a kind of grassy amphitheater, and a beautiful carousal.  I didn't show my kids the carousal for fear they would beg me to let them ride it.  It is nestled in between the arts building and one more architecturally pleasing building that I can't recall the name of.  So it was equally pleasing for me just to walk around the grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive