paradise

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas eve 2011

Another Christmas Eve has come and gone.  We had dinner at

my moms.  It was good food and good company. After dinner was cleaned up we headed over to my brothers for the annual pageant. The pageant changes every year, and every year I can't wait for the kids to get a little older to really appreciate the stories and to be reverent so the spirit can stay.  I have to admit I was a little distracted during the whole thing because Peter threw up right before the program started.  But the glimpses I did see were wonderful.  I loved to watch the children's faces as the saw the slide show of Mary and Joseph as well as the music that accompanied it. I could tell some of it was sinking in.  That's the key with these little ones. We can't always force them to sit still and listen but that doesn't mean they aren't learning and feeling the spirit.  We just have to expose them to it and try to create an environment for the spirit to reside.  It will reach them and us.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive