paradise

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Brennen's Batman Birthday May 2016

Brennen wanted a Batman party for his 9th birthday.  At this point in my life I am all about simplifying.  I didn't stress over this party or break myself putting it together.  Brennen is my easy going kid so I was pretty easy going in planning this party. I made each kid their own felt batman mask using a template I found online and using the stiff felt and some elastic.  This probably took the longest to make but it didn't take very long at all.  We played a game where we threw batarangs and tried to knockdown all the cups.  For this age group this is a simple game yet everyone wanted to try it again and again.  The winner won a candy.  Then we moved onto one of their favorite games.  Ellie drew the joker and the Riddler and we put them on some large cardboard.  We just the water balloon launcher to try to hit the bad guys.  I admit I used this game before on Peter's pirate party but it was such a success we decided to do it again.  It was cheap and the kids could spend a long time doing it again and again. The rest of the party was spent just playing because that's what they wanted to do the most.  The trick to throwing a good kids party is being flexible.  If something  isn't working out just let it go.  If the kids are really digging something go ahead and let them continue.  One last word of advice keep it short.  A birthday party should only last about and hour and a half, maybe 2 hours at the most.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive