paradise

Saturday, July 5, 2014

William the warrior May 2014

William and Brennen have both started Karate.  theirs is more jiu jitsu than traditional karate.  They more than love it.  Every day they ask if they can go, and truthfully if it weren't for my full schedule I would let them.  William had his first tournament and he chose to do it in swords. This surprised me a little, I thought for sure he was a grappler all the way.  However I do know that grappling is Brennen's forte so maybe that's what drove William to swords.  Then again it IS swords.  As he eagerly waited his turn I tried to learn the rules to this sport. William didn't need to know, he was confidant in his skills.  A little nervous perhaps but definitely excited.  As his level came up I was blown away.  This kids does know his stuff.  He smoked all his opponents and totally swept his entire division.  And when I say swept I mean he didn't let anyone even get a point with the exception of his last event.  He allowed his competitor 1 point then dominated the rest of the rounds. His brothers were so proud of him they were cheering so loud. Great Job William!! I guess buying all those swords at DI was worth the money.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive