paradise

Saturday, July 5, 2014

remembering dad on memorial day 2014

For memorial day we met up with my sister Stephanie and her family to go visit my dad's grave.  We brought popcorn because it was his favorite snack.  I think he had popcorn every night. A funny story about popcorn, my dad usually had someone make him some microwave popcorn.  One evening no one else was home so he had to make his own.  He put the bag in the microwave and just pushed some buttons.  My Scott and Matt came to the house and found a 2 feet of smoke hovering from the ceiling, the microwave still cooking, a very pungent odor of burnt popcorn assaulting their noses, and my dad just sitting on the couch, chilling, watching a show.  Either he didn't notice or didn't care but it took a few days to get that smell out of the house.  Apparently he set the microwave for 30 minutes instead of 3 minutes.  
As we spent time at his grave I took note that I was totally at peace with the knowledge that he was in heaven and doing well.  
 I made sure to point out my other relatives that were rested in this cemetery as well.  I was finally able to give them proof that my grandfather not Great but regular grandfather was born in the 1800's and had 15 children.  They were impressed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive