paradise

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Fathers day to beat all fathers day's May 2014

I decided to be the best wife ever and get Scott that gun he always wanted for Father's Day.  I enlisted my big brother in the search.  I don't have that much knowledge in this field and I knew he had more than enough for both of us.  We both searched for a month looking for this particular gun that no one seemed to want to sell.  It came down to the final week and there was an elaborate plan to go down to St. George to work out a deal.  The morning of the trip, my brother called me with a new lead.  I jumped on it and told the guy I would meet him at noon.  I packed all the kids in the car because we were going to do some other errands in that area.  You should have seen the kids, they were so nervous.  
I pull up in the back of a grocery store parking lot to purchase this gun out of the back of a truck.  My children were questioning my judgement. "Do you know what your doing mom"?  You can just drive up in a parking lot and buy a gun out of the back of a truck!  Do you even know who this guy is?  He could be some serial killer. Is it even a real gun, because you will be giving him a lot of real money.  that's cash money mom!"  And so it went on and on until the deed was done.  
NO I wasn't nervous.  What they don't realize is that I grew up with my dad who would often employ a sketchy crowd.  I learned to deal with those kinds of people, in reality they are all just people.  The purchase went smoothly and I even talked him down in price just a little.  Mostly I was happy that I finally got the gun he wanted and I was going to have it in time for Father's Day.  I think the smile on his face tells how happy he was to get it. Maybe for our anniversary he can get a tactical light that goes with it. 
Jarom
Kelsey
Ellie
Tracie
As for the official test drive of the new fire arm I offered to take the younger ones grocery shopping while Scott took his sister 2 of her kids and Ellie out to the range to teach them all how to shoot.  I did this on one condition. . .  That he take me out for a date night to the range so I can get some practice in.  Of course he readily agreed.  Ellie was a pretty good shot.  She stays calm under pressure and like her mother, turns her nervousness into incredible focus.  The other ones were quite a bit more shaky but it was good for them to have the experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive