paradise

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Chalk Art Festival June 2014


Sometimes there are too many great things to do in summer.  This happened to be the case this particular weekend.  We had the chalk art festival and the Scottish festival.  I really wanted to go to the chalk art festival and Scott really wanted the Scottish festival.  So we compromised.  The chalk art was going on Friday and Saturday, while the Scottish was only Saturday.  
The kids and I got to the festival when it was just starting.  The down side of this is that the artists were just starting their work.  We meandered around the Gateway for awhile, checking out the planetarium and playing in the fountains to give the artists a little time.  The kids still had a good time and I even treated them to a candy from Rocket Fizz.  The good thing about coming early is that the kids got to see the process the artists go through to create these works of art.
I decided this is something I would like put on my bucket list.  I would love to do it with Ellie and my Mom, I think it would be a wonderful experience.












1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive