paradise

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The golden hour

I try to get to the Legacy center every other day to run the track with my little boys.  I usually go between 10 and 11 am I call it the golden hour, not because of the sunshine but because it seems like everyone there is in their golden years.  I have to admit I love it. First I love old people, I think they are so cute and quirky.  I also get a boost when they make comments of how cute my kids are, (who doesn't want to hear that.)  I love the looks on their faces and the groups that form.  there are the group of old men chatting about politics, weather, and their latest ailments, but when they see Brennen dashing past them they can't help but notice in approval.  Brennen loves to strike up a conversation with them also. They always want to buy him treats but I'm a meanie and don't let them.  There is the gaggle of ladies that chat about everything and just smile from ear to ear and talk to my little guys even offering to push Peter in his stroller for me, and then there is my favorite. . . the couples holding hands as they walk around and around.  It is so sweet to watch them link their fingers together or see one offer their arm as support in more ways than just balance.  I love catching glimpses of these moments and can only hope Scott and I are still holding hands after so many years of being together.
(sorry about the quality.  I was using my phone while jogging. I really wanted to take a picture but I was a little nervous about it because there were people right behind me that could see what I was doing.  I didn't want them to think I was some weirdo, we know that I am weird but everyone doesn't need to know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive