paradise

Saturday, March 3, 2012

finally

It finally snowed enough for us to go sledding.  It started to snow when we went to bed and when we woke up there was a foot and a half of snow on the ground.  While I was ready for it to be spring I admit I was glad my kids could go sledding at least once this year.  I decided to make a day of it with Scott not having to work I thought I'd be a good mom, or a bad mom, I can't decide, by checking my kids out early form school just to go sledding.  I invited my sister and her kids who didn't have school to come join us.





 Its always a toss up going sledding with little ones either they have fun or they cry the whole time.  I was worried about Peter because we woke him up when we got to the hill and he was nothing but a whiner. First he didn't want to get out of the warm car and then he was mad that William stole his "slider"  (That's what he calls a sled)  once we took the sled back from Will and gave it to Peter he was totally fine.  Stubborn Peter didn't want anyone to help him go down the hill, so with much trepidation I sent him down on his little saucer all by himself.  He LOVED it, he wasn't scared at all.  Peter would just hunker down on his sled and laugh the whole way down.  When he got to the bottom he would pick up his own sled and climb up the hill.  I was amazed my little two-year-old had the stamina to do it over and over again, He probably went up the hill 50 times.  He had such a great time.  The rest of us had a blast as well. Brennen did great too, as soon as he climbed up he went right back down I wasn't even able to get a picture of that kid.
  As we tried all the sleds I so thriftily bought at DI at the end of summer, we decided the best sled was no sled at all but the boogie board we brought along.  That thing flew down the hill.  The funny thing was that was the "sled" we traded William for so Peter could have his slider and William put up a big stink until he found out how well it worked.  There was no tragic falls or crashes this time until the very end Peter decided to take a different sled that went really fast.  He was going so fast he crashed with another kid and got a bloody nose.  Blood meant times up but we all had our fill, we had been sledding for 3 hours.  After we got him cleaned up Peter begged for one more time down the hill before he was satisfied.   Check out his video.  I decided to let go of my guilt for taking my kids out of school.  This was a much needed stress reliever.  Not quite the beach mind you, but there was plenty of  laughs and squeals of delight to last us awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive