paradise

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Ellie Birthday Dec 2016 cake wars

Ellie wanted her birthday to be a Halloween wars party.  To prepare for this we split everyone into groups so we had 3 groups.  Each team got their own colored aprons to unify them.  I bought a bunch of different candies from the bulk section at Winco.  For the small scare challenge I baked 3 very large sugar cookies.  Each team had to decorate their cookie based on the prompt they received. I don't have a picture of them but they were pretty well done.  Ellie's team had a whole starry night at the cemetery scene. The winner of the small scare challenge get extra time for the large scare challenge.
The large challenge was to decorate a cake.  I baked 6 cake rounds that they were free to cut and shape anyway they wanted. I also make fondant and plenty of butter cream frosting they could tint any color.  I think the theme was "Your biggest fear" These are the final entries.  The winners received golden pumpkins.  It was a fun twist on a birthday party.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive