paradise

Friday, June 28, 2013

hummingbird eggs


She's back.  my little mama hummingbird has laid her eggs again.  She used her nest from last year only adding a little extra fluff.  These things are so tiny I had to put a quarter so we could see the scale of them.  She is very protective of her nest that happens to be on my front porch.  She hates it when people come to visit and we chat outside.  I feel a little bad when this happens but it's fun to watch her try to distract us to move us away from her nest.
This is a very cultured mama.  When I play the piano I often see her right outside the window listening to me.  Sometimes she just hovers other times she rests on the window ledge but she is always there staring at me through the window as I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive