paradise

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First days of school

This year was a little rough for me sending my baby to junior high school.  She started a day before everyone so they could have their 7th grade day.  Its a day where all the 7th graders come to figure out where their classes are how to open their lockers and what to do about lunch etc. without the pressure of the older kids there.  Ellie did really great except she has classes on the extreme ends of the school and back again. And she has yet to successfully open her locker more than 2 times.  She just hauls her stuff in her backpack all day.
William started the next day.  He was so excited he didn't even want me to walk him to school because I was too slow.  I told him tough it was my right as a mother to walk me child to his first day of school. He placated me just long enough for me to see him park his bike then he was off playing with his friends.


what? we can't lay on the floor?  What kind of place is this



Brennen was a full week later than the rest of the kids.  He was excited and not the least bit nervous.  I guess that means I am doing a good job teaching my kids to be independent.  We got there a little too early and Brennen got bored waiting around to be let in his class.  He couldn't believe that laying on the floor was not okay. So many new rules to learn.  He loves his teacher and comments on how tiny she is.  She is way shorter than me probably about 4' 8" and weighs about 80lbs.  The staff jokes that she can only teach kindergarten because they kids are all taller than her after that.



Peter was very upset that he couldn't stay at school.  He was so lonely with all his buddies gone for the day.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive