paradise

Sunday, September 30, 2012

New York



My baby sister moved to New York so my sister Amy came up with the idea that we all go for a trip to visit her and make sure she was okay.  It took a lot of preparation to get this trip going.  I was nervous about what to do with my kids.  As I went back and forth on the idea Scott said this was a trip of a lifetime and I should go.  When I told him my concerns he stated "I'll just ask my mom if she'll watch the kids."  This is no small feet.  I once asked if she would watch the kids while Scott and I went on a date.  She firmly declined.  So when Scott asked her if she could watch them for my trip I was surprised that she said yes.  I made sure everything was taken care of and I cancelled all lessons (she doesn't drive).  Finally the big day came.  We headed off to the airport at 11.  
While we were waiting to board the plane we got caught up in finding a game on the ipad.  My sister Amy walked away talking on her phone then my sister Kate said "See Ya".  It wasn't until we heard our names being paged that we looked up and realized our plane had boarded and we (Mom, Steph and I) were not on it.  We ran to the gate and made them let us in.  When we found Amy and Kate already on the plane we asked "Why didn't you tell us you were boarding?"  Kate replied "I said see ya."  That doesn't mean anything Kate always says that when she doesn't want to be near us.  We all got seated just fine.  
I struck up a conversation with the 2 ladies sitting next to me.  We were laughing up a storm we had such a good time.  The gentleman across from me was chuckling away as well.  When the plane landed one of the ladies announced she didn't want to go home she wanted to come to New York with us because she could tell we were going to have a great time.  The gentleman across agreed.  This trip had the promise of a great time.
As we arrived in New York I realized that this is not a place for children.  We kept saying over and over that we were glad we didn't have our kids with us.  It was crowded and the air quality was awful, and we did A LOT of walking!!  I think we walked around 100 miles in the 6 days we were there.  This is not an exaggeration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive