paradise

Sunday, September 16, 2012

extra time?

I thought with all my kids in school I would have all this extra time. I thought of all these projects I could finally get around to doing, quite a few of them sewing projects. Turns out I was very much mistaken I actually just got busier.  I did finally get my couch pillows done.  Mine were looking so sad I just couldn't put them out anymore.  I went to the fabric store and fell in love with this fabric.  I bought enough to do 2 pillows  this fabric was a little expensive ($20 a yard but I got it @ 50% off) so I only wanted to buy the minimum.  I brought it home and set it next to my couch just to see if the colors worked in the room.  As I was admiring it Scott mentioned I should make 4 pillows because we have 2 couches Duh.  Well now I had to go back to the store for more fabric only to find they were all out.  So I ended up getting the striped fabric for the back of the pillows.  It works and now my fabric stretched to make 4 pillows.  To save me some money I didn't buy pillow forms for $8 each. Instead I bought standard pillows for $3 each and cut them in half. Voila 4 designer pillows for less than $20.  
Now if I can only find time to make my lace skirt and trim my garden and winterize my wave runners, and detail the downstairs, and build shelves in the garage etc. . .. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive