paradise

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Take a drive

It's been tradition that when fall comes around we take a drive.  I have done this since I was little and I just LOVE it.  Autumn really is my favorite time of year.  When I was younger we used to all pile in the back of my dad's truck to take a drive in the mountains. (Back when it wasn't illegal.)  I loved the sights, smells, the sound of the crunching leaves, and the slight breeze that always comes from taking a drive.
 I knew we were going to loose our leaves early this year so I set this day aside to drive the Alpine Loop. It was a perfectly extra-ordinary day.
  I don't think I have ever driven the Loop without my dad.  It was bitter sweet as fond memories came flooding back.
The views were breathtaking.  I wish I had a more time and a better camera to really do it justice.  Around the backside of the mountain is Cascade Springs.  Again this was my first time up here without my dad.  But I was okay, it was something that made me feel closer to him.  He loved coming up here.  So without further adieu I will let the pictures speak the thousand words I am inadequate to supply. I know there are a lot of pictures but sit back, relax and,
Take A Drive With Me.













































1 comment:

  1. It looks so beautiful this year as it does every year! So glad you could enjoy it! I miss riding in the back of Dad's truck reaching to touch the leaves and smelling the fresh mountain air. What wonderful memories we have! Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive