paradise

Saturday, October 12, 2013

random conversations

Random conversation between my 2 littlest ones.. . .
They were chatting amicably when Brennen matter-of-factly says to Peter.  "Peter, you're mom and dad's last baby."
Peter answers back in a very grown up voice, "thank you Brennen for telling me that.  I really appreciate it."
Then the conversation turns in a random manner as so many conversations of little ones go.
 Brennen announces that  "dogs chew on all kinds of stuff. . . except mountains."
Peter pipes in, "And wieners.  They aren't allowed to chew on wieners."
After a moment of thoughtful silence Brennen says back to his brother, "Sometimes I hate you Peter."
Peter says, " you can't hate me.  I'm your brother."
Brennen says, "you're still my brother I just hate you sometimes."
After contemplating that for a moment Peter seemed to be okay with it.
 I had to hold in my laughter. Kids say the darnedest things.
I love how these little minds work.  How their trails of thought flit from one thing to another like a butterfly tasting one flower than the next.  How their thoughts can go from something trivial to something quite profound.  They amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive