paradise

Sunday, May 6, 2012

moab

Every year my family goes to Moab.  This year we got to go. We were excited even though it was a rocky start.  My parents, my sister Kate and her baby TK, and my family all piled in to my parents motor home.  The kids were so excited they couldn't sleep the night before then we got up extra early to head off on a new adventure.  They loved riding in the motor home where they could walk around and play card games.  Peter kept looking out the window with amazed exclamations of "Oh look at that rock. Or See that tree, look at the mountain." When we arrived the kids wasted no time getting the 4wheelers out.  Peter was asleep until all of camp was set up.  When he woke up he stood in the motor home door way asking where we were.  I answered " We're here we are at Moab."  "No!" exclaimed Peter " We are at the beach!"  I tried to tell him other wise but he was adamant about it.  He kept asking where the water was.  On one of our rides we found a pond where Peter smartly pointed out to me that there was water so we were definitely at the beach.
Our first destination was the dunes.  We had fun riding up and down and around and around.
It was a very relaxing weekend.  Riding 4wheelers, playing in the dirt, hiking, soaking up the sun, playing in the dirt, roasting marshmallows, riding 4wheelers you get the idea.  Lets just say this is a dirty trip.
I was amazed at the beautiful rock formations and the enormity of their size.  We rode to the over look which was beautiful and huge.  It was really hard to grasp how big it really was.
After a day of riding we headed into town to the annual car show.  We ate some good food at Zak's where we could watch all the old cars parade up and down the street.








Brennen and Peter were awestruck at a real transformer.   There was one car that literally transformed itself when it was stopped at a red light.  I have to admit it was pretty cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive