paradise

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's day


Mother's day is my least favorite holiday.  Truthfully I hate it.  It reminds me of all the things that I am failing at as a mother.  I think of all the things I should be doing and how I should be able to have my house clean all the time and my kids should never fight so I must be doing something wrong.  Now I know that all of those things are not realistic but still a part of me thinks so.  Usually my children don't get the memo that its mothers day and they act up even more.  But I have found a way to deal with this holiday and I have come to the conclusion that mothers day is not for me as a mother but to honor my own mother. It was a much better year this year for mothers day because I was near my mom,  it was easy for me to do things for her and appreciate her.  I actually enjoyed mothers day.
All the husbands got together and prepared a delicious meal for us ladies and they even cleaned up after.  We got to play volleyball in the back yard and we even got to watch what we wanted on TV.  It almost killed the boys to watch the designing and fashion show. So we were merciful and tuned it to a guy show in between commercials. 
So happy mother's day to all you ladies, if your like me and have a hard time with this think about your own mothers and what wonderful people they are, and maybe along the way we can become a little more like them.
p.s. I only had one child have a melt down this year, they must be growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive