paradise

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

avoiding house work



I woke up this morning trying to think of something to do to avoid doing house work. I love a clean house but some days I just don't want to do it.  At that moment I got a text from my sister asking if we wanted to go to Kennecott copper mine.  Here was my out so I said sure.  It was such a nice day I suggested we pack a picnic.    The kids thought the giant tire was pretty cool but they weren't that amused by the actual view of the mine.  So we went inside to the visitor's center.  Here was their favorite thing there.
  The microscope was also a hit.  Peter wanted everything in there for his birthday.  He would point to something and say, "Mom, check this out, I want that for my birthday."  So I would reply "Great, put it on your list." (my favorite saying for my children when ever they ask for something.  It works for more than Christmas.)  The kids didn't last long at the mine.  There are only so many hands on things to keep them entertained. So we headed back outside to get one last look of the mine and check out the old fashioned relics where Peter decided to  "read the instructions"  on an old mining cart.  Once he had it thoroughly memorized he was ready to go. Soon they were all asking for lunch.  Good thing we brought the picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive