paradise

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WE FOUND THE BEACH

After checking out the mine we decided to find a park to have our picnic lunch. With no place in mind we found this great park in Daybreak.  Sam has dubbed it the "Awesome Park," and I have to concur.  It has these cool spider web play structures where the kids can climb to their hearts content.  There was a cool spinny thing that Amy and I had fun with kind of like a modified merry-go-round.  They had a separate area like a skate park for little kids and the best part.  They had a beach!!


modified merry-go-round

Brennen w"water bending"


My kids have been begging and begging me to go to the beach, They keep forgetting there isn't one here.  Imagine how thrilled I was to find this little gem.  Now I know it's not the same thing but for the little ones its pretty close.  It felt so good for me to have my toes in the sand and water again I can't even describe it.  I was momentarily transported back to lazy summer days when we would head off to the beach so the kids could play and I could take in the sun and sand (not to mention I WAS avoiding house work).  All I needed was my beach chair and a book.  It would have been nice to have the sound of the waves but I bet I could download something on my ipod. Brennen had a great time practicing his water bending (their into Avatar again) Peter and Lizzy couldn't get enough of the sand.  Sam was trying to build the dam of all dams, and Landon was just happy to be there assisting in any way he could.

I think I might be heading this way a little more often than I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive