paradise

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

rainy day





















Well the rain was falling and I had kids home all day to entertain. What to do what to do. insert idea bulb here

I decided to make swiss bread from scratch. I thought I made bread all the time, but according to Scott I make rolls all the time which is totally different. The little ones loved the idea. The big ones could have cared less. It did turn out pretty if I may say so.


Because it only lasted 1 and 1/2 days I'm pretty sure it tasted as good as it looked.

I realized I like making bread. I like making things from scratch, turning nothing into something beautiful. Especially baking. It soothes me, makes me feel like I can do something great. It is just bread but its something I created, and I can talk and teach my children as I do it. It takes me back to what it would be like in the old days.


Now I probably wont be making bread everyday but I might just make it a little more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive