paradise

Thursday, February 17, 2011

1st real vacation


Well, we are back from vacation and we had a blast. I think Scott now has new found priorities for vacations. He is now planning our next adventure. There was so much to do and see that I will post things in sections. Where to start? I guess I'll just start from the beginning. We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to check our bags, get lost, and explore the airport. So we set up a movie for the kids to help pass the time. then we realized they were going to be sitting for a long time so we had a few rounds of duck duck goose and red light green light. Got gawked at by the Asian people because we had all these little Blonde haired blue eyed kids. (seriously this one group of Asians stared and talked about us for a good 30 min.
Finally it was time to get on the plane. One problem, one big problem. We lost the woobie! It was nowhere to be found. I was totally panicked! I was ready to cry. We were supposed to fly for 5 hours at night without a woobie. Peter has never fallen asleep with out the woobie. ( I did have a spare but it was packed in the suitcase in the bottom of the plane.) This time Scott was the optimist saying that it was going to be okay. I guess that depends on your version of okay.
Well we get on the plane and within minutes Peter is asking for woobie.
"Sorry baby I lost woobie"
"I need woobie mommy"
"I know sweetie. I don't have it."
He is crying that super sad cry now.
"Mommy woobie mommy woobie"
"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm so so sorry"
"Woobieeeeeeeee"
I go in the bathroom an take off my garment top. It silky He might think its woobie right?
Wrong. finally he collapses clutching my top and in his sleep he is calling for his woobie. That is how the trip started. Luckily that is not how the rest of it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive