paradise

Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Break

For Spring Break we headed up to This Is The Place Heritage Park.  We love to come here in the springtime because we get to play with all the baby animals.  This stuff just brings me back.  My kids could not get enough of the baby chicks this year. We probably could have spent the whole day with just the chicks, but I tore them away to experience the rest of what this place has to offer.  The goats were the second favorite.  I must admit they are super cute.  Brennen  would catch them over and over again.  Another little Lucky in our family.  Actually this kid reminds me the most of my dad.  He not only looks like him but his mannerisms and dead on.  Brennen would be so happy living on a farm.  He's not afraid to get dirty, he loves to work, he's a hard worker, and he just gets stuff done and cowboy's up.  
donkey
My kids love this place.  they can play in the water, pan for gold, stamp leather and they even love to plow.

William tried his hand at walking on stilts.  For those of you who don't know I grew up walking on stilts.  My family was the original stilt makers at Swiss Days.  As kids we would "advertise"  all day by walking all over the grounds showing people how to do it and telling them where to buy them.  Needless to say I am a pro at stilt walking, so when William finally showed interest I was more than happy to show him how its done.  He tried and tried and finally got it. I was happy to call him one of mine.  I let him know that I still have a pair in the garage.  When we got home he immediatley began to practice.






This was a fun day.  the weather was perfect, the kids were well behaved and engaged, and I got a taste of my past.  I think I will make this a tradition.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive