paradise

Monday, April 14, 2014

A year with Frog and Toad

Ellie had her first real taste of the theater this year.  He school was doing the play, A year With Frog and Toad.  She tried out and got the part of Mother hedgehog and more importantly the Great and Terrible Frog.  At first she was a little upset that she didn't get the part she initially wanted.  With a little bit of reasoning she realized she did get a main part and with a play that should only have 6 characters this was a great opportunity.  She quickly decided the Great and Terrible Frog was a good part to get.  It helped her to stand out. This play involved a lot of rehearsals which was slightly inconvenient but she loved it so we put up with it.  I have to be honest the acting was fine but the character of Toad was a little more than annoying.  I realize that is how it was supposed to be but still I found myself rolling my eyes once or twice. One of the best parts of the show was Ellie's scene as the Great and Terrible Frog and I am not just saying that because she's my Ellie.  She did stupendous.  I had multiple people tell me that she stole the show.  She was menacing and larger than life just as she was supposed to be.  One even mentioned that she could give her drama teacher some singing lessons.  She did so well she got a spot on the drama II team for next year, a very coveted spot.
 Now she is working on her vocals and says she is going to be the next Idina Menzel.  I can't wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive