paradise

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

quick little get away

Hyrum and William battling it out
We took a quick trip down to St. George with the fam.  It was a nice little get away.  The weather was warmer than home and the sun was shining.  As always it was great hanging out with the crew.  We didn't do a whole lot, more of a just sit back and relax get away. We played games watched movies, cousins played together, walked to the park to toss the ball, and just plain enjoyed each others company. Something I did notice was that my dad was having a good time.  I felt like he was attentive and interactive.  We wore the poor man out.  When he was doing his Chemo treatments I felt like he was a walking zombie,  the lights were one but no one was home.  Now he seems to want to go places and try to do things.  I think it was a good little get away for him.  He even got to go to Vegas to pick up Scott and Jared.  
The pool to the house was still closed for winter, but as always we found someplace where we could get wet.  There was a pretty good aquatic center complete with lily pads and a twisty slide.  I think I won the most trips down the slide medal.  Between my own children and my nieces I went down about 30 times.  I really love playing with all these little ones.  I'll be so sad when they get too old to want to play with me.  I hope that never happens.
I especially love to sit back and listen to them.  I got up early Saturday morning with a few of my nephews.  They got out a few toys and were just playing and talking while looking out the huge bay windows onto the golf course.  My nephew Hyrum says, "I love St. George.  I'm going to live here some day."  After a few pensive moments my nephew Sam says, "Well. . . they speak the same language so That's good."  I love these guys.


Jenni trying out her new suit

Lizzy as always loving the water

Paul having fun


Shane being too cool

Mother hen Jenni giving Lizzy a ride around the block.
she said she was just going to go 10 miles.

sweet baby Lucy.  My Scott couldn't get enough of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive