paradise

Friday, February 15, 2013

custom scooters




Scooters, scooters, everywhere. . .  If your neighborhood is like mine these little razor scooters are everywhere.  Our schools bike rack it literally cover in scooters.  While I love these things and have even been known to ride them myself they pose a small problem.  The company only makes so many colors that duplicates are inevitable.  The problem we ran into, was kids mistakenly taking our scooters which is fine if they would leave us theirs but that doesn't always happen.  The other problem we had was Brennen couldn't tell ours apart and would often walk home from school with nothing because he didn't know which was which.
I solved this dilemma by giving our scooters a custom paint job.  Originally I painted them all green, so everyone knew the Stringham's scooters were the green ones.  I did a half way paint job because these scooters had already been well loved.  This year for Christmas my boys got new scooters.  This time I told them they could pick their paint colors.  Peter who is fascinated with red wanted his whole scooter red, red, red.  William wanted a metallic blue, and Brennen said he wanted both red and blue.  My boys were so happy to have custom scooters and we no longer have "lost" scooters.  
Now to deal with the problem of how to store these blessings on wheels.  I walked around the hardware store with an open mind and found these hose hooks.  I hung them low enough that the boys could reach but still able to keep them off the floor. 
Now if I could just get the kids to hang them up every time that would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive