paradise

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mrs Fix It

Somehow I have become the designated house for the kids in the neighborhood.  The kids do there homework here, they hang out, and yesterday they all brought their bikes over for me to fix them.  I don't mind really I don't.  I am actually glad that I  am blessed enough to be home for these kids. (a lot of their moms have to work)  with all this bike fixing I got really ambitious and thought. . . I could probably figure out how to fix my scooter. (anyone could be a mechanic right?) It has been making a really high pitched squeaking noise when ever I go faster than 5mph and the faster I go the louder it gets.
So I searched the Internet. It took me quite some time but I finally found a manual with schematics for my scooter. After a couple of Q&A forums I decided it was the speedo cable that needed some lube.  With my diagrams in hand, and my trusty assistants, I took my scooter apart, found the right cable dismantled it and went crazy with with the WD40.  I partially put the scooter back together and took it for a test drive. 

Huzzah!!! I fixed that annoying problem. Saving myself a bunch of money I did not have to take it to the repair shop.  The little boys couldn't wait for me to put the rest of the scooter back together so we could cruise around the neighborhood.  I cant wait the get it registered so I can ride it everywhere. Maybe I will take a small engine repair class?  nah where would I find the time.  I guess I'll just fix things as they come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive