paradise

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Joy of Work

One amazing thing about this house is the garden.  It has 12 grow boxes + grapes, raspberries, strawberries, Arctic kiwis and a small orchard.  The Orchard has 3 kinds of apple trees, a peach tree, a pear tree, and an apricot tree
With all this extra land it equals extra work. With my broken  hand I decided it was time to teach the kids to use some new tools.

Ellie learned how to mow the lawn.  At first she was NOT happy for the extra work,  but when she was finished she was so proud of the work she accomplished.  I was glad she  was learning the value of work.  I m not sure how old I was when I learned to mow but I think it was around her age.  In any case I was well versed in many different kinds of labor at a young age and I am so grateful my parents taught me how to work.
William was a little too small to use the mower so he got to learn how to use the weed whacker a much simpler and less dangerous machine.  William did not get the same pride that Ellie did on learning a new skill.  However the next day he used  his new skills to weed whack the neighbors yard for $2 such the entrepreneur.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive