paradise

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

learning to ride a bike

I realize this happened over a year ago but I must post it for memory sake. Seeing as how I am loosing mine, I decided I should have a record of stories like this.
William really wanted a build-a-bear. In our house we get a build-a-bear for 3 reasons. 1, you buy it yourself. 2, you learn how to ride a bike. 3, you get baptized. I reminded William of these conditions. Afterward he promptly announce "well lets go to the park and teach me how to ride a bike." That simple huh? We had nothing important to do that day so I said. "Why not. Everyone get ready we are going to the park." Once we got their it was just a matter of business according to William. Ellie was very excited and supportive because she had just learned the year before and knew what an accomplishment this was.
After a few words of advice we got started. It only took him 3 tries and he had it. On his 3rd try I let go and watched my baby grow up before my eyes. But the best part was, as he was pedaling down the track, Ellie was running right along side him shouting at the top of her lungs. Yay William! Your doing it! THAT'S MY LITTLE BROTHER!!!! Whohoo. THAT'S MY LITTLE BROTHER!! all the way around the track.
I have never been more proud or had more joy in my posterity than I did at that moment. To this day I still get emotional when I think of that afternoon. This is what motherhood is all about. At moments like this, nothing else matters. It is pure joy!

On a side note after 10 more minutes of bike riding. William pulled up to me and asked "Now can we go get my bear?" To which I replied "Sure buddy lets go get your bear."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive