paradise

Friday, October 15, 2010

Ellie 10


My Ellie is turning 10! I can't believe it. What happened to the time? Wasn't she that little sassy thing that was WAY to big for her britches using words most grownup don't use?

Wait she is still sassy and has a sea of vocabulary. She is just bigger. She actually ran for class president and lost because her peers couldn't understand her. She used phrases like, "I wouldn't attempt to use this form of power for my own personal gain." The class was baffled. I heard whispers of "what did she say?" "Is that real English ?"
As much as she drives me crazy sometimes she is a big help around the house. Especially when it comes to the boys. For her "double digits" (turning 10) we got her ears pierced. I myself had to wait until I was 12 AND had to go through the towns spook alley for Halloween. I was a big chicken back then. Scott and I saw no reason why she couldn't get them now. She certainly is mature enough.
I am sad to see her grow up. Maybe that is because I am getting bursts of teenager from her. Usually when I wake her up in the morning. Just not that ray of sunshine I was hoping for. I almost always am doing something wrong. Like turning on the lights to wake her up instead of opening the blinds. Whatever.
Other times I am hopeful. Everyone wants to come to play at our house. I guess we have the cool house? I am greatful for that. Its how I grew up. Although my house is always a mess with all those bodies I wouldn't have it any other way.
So heres to Ellie. The roller coaster that she is, I am still amazed at the person she is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive