paradise

Friday, October 15, 2010

50th birthday





Our school Peachland Elementary just turned 50. What better way to celebrate a 50th birthday than have a sock hop.
My boys don't really wear pants so I told them this was a costume party and these were the costumes they needed to wear. We actually owned everything the boys were wearing so that was easy. They even had leather jackets but they didn't last long. It was just too hot.

I did make Ellie's poodle skirt though. It was so simple to make and only cost me about $6. Ironically the poodle cost the most. I made another one for my friend that was light pink and I put a record and music notes on it instead of the poodle. Mostly because I already had black felt so it didn't cost me anything. I was a little worried that we would be the only ones dressed up.

It turned out almost everyone that came had dressed up.
Looking at the picture I realize how badly I need a new camera. I really hope I get one for my birthday. I keep hinting. Lets see if Scott pays attention. (fingers crossed)
The evening was fine a typical school function. They did have free food and desserts. They had a hula hoop contest. Little Ava Andrew in our ward won. She is 6 and just a tiny little thing but that girl can hula hoop!! She could probably do it all day. It was amazing! She could even walk around and do other things.
The boys spent most of their time outside on the playground. I guess they still had fun because they would not come in. Even when it got too dark to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive