paradise

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Shelby 2017

Our sweet Shelby girl.  She has been quite the wonderful addition to our family.  She is so patient, loving, kind, and calm.  She has been so easy to train and gives up plenty of laughs along with her loves. She loves to snuggle and will stay with you if you fall asleep just so she can be with you.  With as sweet as she is she is also smart.
I thought the kids kept letting her out of her kennel at night so they could sneak her into their room.  I would get mad at them every morning when I saw her out of her kennel.  The kids swore up and down that they weren't letting her out, so one day when we were all leaving the house for an hour we put her in her kennel.  When we came back guess who was waiting at the back door for us with a big smile on her face and wagging tail. We learned that she could flip up the handle lock and then use her nose to pop up the door and open it.  There was no point in keeping her in the kennel anymore.  Thankfully she is a good dog and doesn't get into mischief or chew things up.

She likes to watch other animals especially dogs on TV.  Once I was watching a show that happened to have a dog in it.  I looked over and saw Shelby engrossed in the show. I changed the channel and she looked over at me like "Hey! I was watching that."  For her sake I turned it back and let her finish watching it.




Shelby also LOVES to go for walks and rides in the car.  I always let her come when I have to pick the kids up from school.  She intently scans each kid until she finds hers.  When she spots one of her kids she eagle eye's them until they reach the car.
Being a bird dog this doggy has decided to do her job in our back yard and keep it free of all birds.  She has killed a handful of birds and I can't get mad at her for it because that is what she is bread for.  Plus, I rationalize that the birds can fly, whereas Shelby is confined to her backyard so if they don't want to be in danger they just need to not land in our backyard.  It's not like our yard is so huge that they can't make it.  Our yard is small. So birds beware.
Sadly Shelby is quite attached to me and sometimes I have to go to work. When I leave she parks herself in front of the door and whines a little until I get home.  If the kids are home they try to play with her to get her mind off of me being gone.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive