paradise

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Garage shelves Dec 2014


After living here for 3 years I finally got around to building some garage shelves.  I needed to make them custom for our space and really it is so much cheaper when you make them yourself. I went to homedepot to get my supplies and was lucky enough to come across a sheet of plywood that had a cut in it.  The cut didn't affect my project and I was able to get the sheet for 70% off.  Woo Hoo! It only took me 45 minutes to actually build the shelves and another 10 to install them.  When ever I do a project like this and the time is realativly easy I always think "why did it take me so long to get around to doing this project?"  It always comes down to priorities, sometimes I just need to get them straight.
Scott helped me install the stacked shelves and I was able to install the single one all on my own.  He came home and wanted to make sure that my install was sound because that little shelf rests right over his car.  I assured him that I put all the stuff on and then set Peter on top and hung on it myself to make sure it was sound. (yep I used my child for a safety test.  But I wouldn't have put him in any danger I was sure my work would hold). Scott looked a little skeptical but eased up after inspecting my work.  I never doubted;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive